Monday, January 9, 2012

...forgetting them

School started again last Thursday and today I noticed that my optimism has already slowly faded away and been replaced by the pessimism from before.  It all started last week when my teachers started telling us our grades for the end of the semester. 
Yippee.
On top of that I got my politics test back today.  I got a C.  A fucking C.  And you know why? Because my teacher is a stuck-up heartless loser who has no faith in me and thinks I'm an absolute failure.  Now, I can live with the C.  That's really not that bad.  And I only have to keep myself from strangling that teacher for one more semester, which might be doable if he doesn't continue to piss me off all the time. 
The thing that drives me insane and makes me want to punch a hole in the wall is the other bitches in my class.  Every time we take a test it's the same thing; they freak out because they „don't know anything“ for the test, then after the test they claim they „completely screwed up“, and then they get the test back and have an A+. 
Every. Fucking. Time. 
Am I the only one who has to deal with people like this?  The worst part is that when I take the test and actually think I did good on it, I get a C.  Is that fair? No.  But is it worth it to obsess over those idiots and slap myself on the head because I was the one who screwed up the test, not them? No. 
Which brings me to the dose of inspiration I'm providing you with today.  Because after I let those idiots ruin my day and after I continued to wallow in my failure, I realized that it's really not worth it.  I have decided to forget about those classmates.  And while I'm at it, I'm going to forget about all the people who bring me down, whether it be once and a while or on a daily basis.  And I suggest you do the same; it's very soothing. 
Now, I'm not saying you can just ignore everyone who bothers you.  If I were to do that I would have to drop out of school and live alone in an uninhabited forest.  But what you can do is try to let the things they say roll off of your back and just move on.  Try to remind yourself that life is short and it's important to fill your life with people who make you happy.  Do you really want to waste the time you still have on people who bring you down or make you feel bad about yourself?  Trust me, it's not worth it.
I'll admit it's not always easy to forget what people say and the worst thing you can do is simply build up a wall against mean comments or people who drive you insane. 
When you build up a wall, you're also pushing away the wonderful things in your life (yes, there are wonderful things in your life, you might just have to search for them).  Instead, try to greet everything with open arms.  When your arms are open, it's easy to let something pass by them.  Just keep your arms open and the bad things will fall through.  And when you do invite everything in with open arms, you can close your arms and hold them tight against you when you find the wonderful things in your life.  Just catch them and keep them close to you.  And when you have the things that make you happy and strong close to you, the people and everything else in your way of happiness will never get through to you.  You might even be surprised to see that your life is full of wonderful people and wonderful things you never knew were there before.  Just remember that you don't have to listen to the people who bring you down.  They don't deserve that.  In the end, they'll be the same annoying bitches while you're happy and surrounded by the things you love.  Now that makes forgetting about them seem pretty appealing, doesn't it? 
So here's to finding the wonderful things in your life.  Here's to being genuinely happy.  Here's to being the bigger person.  Here's to proving them all wrong. 
Here's to forgetting them. 
 

Your dollop of sunshine on a bleak Monday,
-Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment