Saturday, January 14, 2012

...the band of all bands

Something epic happened to me on Tuesday. 
It's like the gods were just hanging out on their cloud in heaven and said „Hey! That Nina could really use something awesome in her life.  Let's give her tickets to the NeverShoutNever concert in Hamburg!“
That's right everyone.  I'm going to the NeverShoutNever concert in Hamburg on Saturday.  I. Am. Going. To. The. NeverShoutNever. Concert. In. Hamburg.
Ah, doesn't it just sound lovely?  I could just say it over and over again. 
I'm going to the concert!  I'm going to the concert!!  I'm going to the concert!!!
Now, I hate to spoil this wonderful dream, but the concert gods didn't actually send me tickets to the concert.  I'm paying for them myself.  And it's oh so worth it. 
Because in less than 24 hours I'm going to be in the same room as the most inspirational person in music, Christopher Drew Ingle.  Oh my god I can't get over it. 
Ever since I got the tickets I haven't been able to concentrate at all in school and I think I've told every person I pass by that I'm going to the concert. 
And I mean everyone. 
That crazy girl who sits in the corner of the classroom and talks to herself?  She knows. 
The adorable grandma standing in line at the grocery store?  She can't wait to hear how the concert went.
Any living creature stupid enough to stop when I talk to them?  They all know. 
Now, I don't mean to sound like one of those annoying girls who claim that they're in love with Justin Bieber or some Disney star, because I'm not like that at all.  Besides, how can you think you're in love with some guy you've never met before?  You're really just saying that you're in love with the guy's looks and nothing else since you don't know him, which isn't true love in my book.  And to all the girls who claim they do know him so well, you don't.  All you know about the guy is the stuff you read on the Internet which-spoiler alert!-isn't always true and definitely isn't everything there is to know about him. 
But I'll get back to that another time. 
My point is that I'm in love with the music, not the lead singer.  His music is so emotional and inspirational and I've been dying to listen to them live.  Note: I said listen to them live, not see them live.  I don't care what they look like, but it's a completely different experience to hear the music live than listen to it on my ipod. 
So don't expect me to bring a huge poster to the concert with some tacky saying that's supposed to be cute.  Don't expect me to ask Christopher Drew to marry me.  Don't expect me to throw my bra on the stage, chase him down after the show, or chase him down after the show while asking him to marry me and/or throwing my bra at him. 
You can expect me to scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs, though.  I'll probably dance and flail with my arms too.  And I might even cry when he sings the line from Time Travel I'm coming home, don't you cry, don't you cry. 
Because if you really love a band shouldn't you let the music take you over, not the lead singer's looks?  Shouldn't you respect the band and their music instead of making them uncomfortable?  Shouldn't you be the reason why they make music and travel the world to share it with you, instead of being the creepy fan no one really likes? 
You can decide for yourself, but I know what kind of person I want to be. 

Your dedicated NeverShoutNever fan,
-Nina

P.S. Just because I'm not in love with the lead singer doesn't mean that I won't be tempted to     dedicate a post to pictures of the band. Hint hint.

P.P.S. If you haven't already done this, please listen to their music.  It really will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment