Wednesday, December 28, 2011

...the little things


never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest parts of their hearts. -unknown
That shit's deep, bitches.
But seriously now, that guy or gal was on to something.
So, I'm in this 'I have to make the most of the life I get to live' phase and I'm kind of trying to find the good in everything and I'm also trying (keyword: trying) to be a little more pleasant than I have been the last, well, lets just say a while. Because lately I've been, I wouldn't say a bitch- You know what, who am I fooling, I've been a bitch.
But that's beside the point.
Now, like I said in my last post, when I write something, or upload some pictures, or share a playlist (which I'm working on and hoping to post by Friday), I want it to be somewhat inspirational. There are so many blogs out there and instead of just going on and on about my life that no one really cares about, I want to make a small difference in every one of your lives, whether it's getting you to do something, or just getting you to think.
I was in a pretty shitty mood yesterday so I hope no one took my post too seriously. It was actually meant to be a joke for the older kids reading this. I wanted to show that it's not too late to enjoy being young and I wanted you guys to realize that there's still time to swing on a swing set and play with Barbies- and solve the rest with beer : )
Well now I got completely off topic.
Where was I? Oh right, the little things.
Because of the strange phase I'm going through right now ( which is actually pretty awesome, so keep it up sub-conscience), I decided to write letters to everyone close to me just to tell them how much I love them.
Sappy, right? But in a good way.
It was actually really fun because all of those good memories that were hiding in the deepest pits of my brain came to life again. In my case, I thought about all of the funny things I did with everyone, which were so funny to think about again that I was literally laughing out loud. So I was pretty much sitting alone in my room, laughing to myself like a psychopath.
Awesome.
The greatest part about the whole things was that afterwards, I got tons of hugs from everyone and hugs are my favorite. I also got a cookie from my mom which was even better since I like cookies even more than hugs. 
Now that's what I call setting my priorities straight like a boss.
O.k., I'm just going to stop right here and let you get started on those letters.
Because I know you're so inspired by my idea that you're frantically searching the room for a pen and paper and completely ignoring these last few sentences. If you are still here, go get a piece of paper and a pen, get off your ass, and write a letter, god dammit!
Can't you feel the love?

-you're mentor and inspirational guide, Nina 


No comments:

Post a Comment